Your air conditioner is essential for keeping you comfortable in the hot summer months, but if it’s not functioning correctly, it could make you sick. From allergies flaring up to flu-like symptoms, there are several ways in which your AC unit could be impacting your health. If you find any of these issues, you must have your AC unit repaired as soon as possible. So, contact DAC Heating & Air to book an appointment for AC repair in Lancaster, CA. Our team of professionals is here to assist you with your AC needs.
The Six Signs That Your AC Could Be Making You Sick Include
- Allergies Flaring Up: If you notice that your allergies seem to be worse when you’re at home, it could be due to your air conditioner. AC units can circulate mold, dust, and other allergens throughout your home, causing your allergies to flare up. It’s essential to regularly clean and maintain your AC unit to help reduce the circulation of allergens.
- Dry Throat and Sinuses: AC units remove moisture from the air to cool it, which can lead to dryness. This dryness can irritate the throat and sinuses, as well as other health issues such as dry skin and chapped lips. To alleviate these symptoms, you can use a humidifier or change the settings on your AC unit to increase the humidity in your home.
- Headaches: Headaches can be a common side effect of using an AC, especially if you are sensitive to cool air. If you find that you’re getting headaches more frequently when using your AC unit, it could signify a malfunctioning AC unit circulating dry, cool air. Having your unit repaired or serviced can help alleviate these headaches.
- Respiratory Issues: AC units can also contribute to respiratory issues such as asthma and allergies. If you’re experiencing difficulty breathing or increased respiratory symptoms, it could be due to your air conditioner. AC units can circulate mold, dust, and other allergens that can irritate the respiratory system. Maintaining and cleaning your air conditioner regularly can help reduce the circulation of these irritants and improve respiratory health. Contact DAC Heating & Air for AC maintenance in Lancaster, CA.
- Fatigue: Feeling constantly tired or exhausted could signal that your air conditioner is making you sick. AC units can circulate dry, cool air, leading to dehydration and fatigue. To alleviate these symptoms, it’s important to drink plenty of fluids and use a humidifier to increase the humidity in your home.
- Flu-Like Symptoms: If you’re experiencing flu-like symptoms such as body aches and fever, it could be due to your air conditioner. AC units can circulate viruses and bacteria, leading to illness. This is especially likely if your AC unit needs to be adequately maintained and cleaned. To help prevent the circulation of illness-causing agents, it’s essential to regularly clean and maintain your AC unit.
Paying attention to your health when using an AC unit is essential. If you are facing any of the issues listed above, it could signify that your AC unit is making you sick. In these cases, it’s essential to schedule your air conditioning repair or service by a professional from DAC Heating & Air in Lancaster, CA, to improve its performance and help ensure your health and comfort.