AC Maintenance in Lancaster, CA and Surrounding Areas
Regular AC maintenance in Lancaster is necessary to ensure that the air conditioning system runs well and prevents potential damage. The fact is that not cleaning heat exchange surfaces or filters regularly increases the compressor’s load. Furthermore, decreasing the amount of refrigerant in the circuit extends the compressor block’s running time.
AC maintenance can considerably lengthen the appliance’s life and reduce the cost of repair. AC service and maintenance strive to keep the appliance operating and differ only in the procedures done.
Standard Checks During An AC Maintenance Procedure:
- Measuring amperage and voltage for proper operation of the blower motor.
- Testing for correct operation, calibration, and thermostat levels.
- Removing and cleaning the existing air filter (as needed).
- Inspect the bearing for wear and oil it.
- Inspect the coil inside the house.
- Flush the condensate drain and use an anti-algae treatment.
- Examine the condenser coil
- Refrigeration – keep an eye on the operating pressures.
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation.
- Examine the electrical disconnect box for proper rating and installation.
- Inspection and tightening of electrical connections
- Check for burned or pitted contacts in contactors.
- Check for exposed wires in the electrical system.
- Capacitors should be inspected and tested.
- Examine the fan blades.
- Remove any trash from the condenser coil.
- Check the operation of the service valves.
- Examine ductwork for energy leaks.
Use The Following Tips To Maintain Optimal AC Operation:
Increase The Temperature From Default Settings: Studies suggest increasing the AC temperature saves roughly 6% of electricity every degree we boost. And the lower you set your thermostat, the longer your air conditioner’s compressor runs, increasing your electricity bill. So, if you leave the air conditioner on its default setting, you can save up to 24% on electricity (the difference of four degrees multiplied by the 6% saved electricity)!
Seal Rooms & Shut Devices: Ensure that your windows are tightly shut and that no chilly air escapes the room. Pull the drapes closed to keep the sun’s heat out of your room, putting more strain on your air conditioner. Heavy electronic devices, such as the refrigerator, television, and computer, emit heat, making your air conditioner work harder.
Fan + AC = Reduces Energy Consumption: Together, they keep the space aired and circulate the cold air to all corners, resulting in less energy use. You won’t have to decrease the temperature as well constantly. Start by turning on the fan to drive out the hot air in your room before turning on the AC for efficient cooling with minimal energy use.
Cleaning and Servicing Regularly Saves Electricity: The debris in the AC’s ducts and vents makes it much more challenging to ensure that cold air reaches your room. The energy usage of an air conditioner can be reduced by 5-15 percent by replacing dirty filters with new ones!
It’s essential to keep your air conditioner running throughout the summer, especially in Lancaster, CA. If your air conditioner hasn’t been examined in a while, call DAC Heating and Air to make an appointment. Don’t put off air conditioner repair at home. It would help if you relied on a reputable HVAC company. To learn more about our AC maintenance Lancaster, call us today!
Contact Us Today for AC Maintenance in Lancaster, CA and Surrounding Areas
Annual maintenance is recommended for all air conditioning systems. Scheduling maintenance before the cooling season begins ensures that your system is in prime condition when you need it the most. However, if you have an older unit or experience frequent issues, more frequent maintenance may be necessary.
There are several indicators that your AC system may require maintenance:
- Reduced cooling performance: If you notice that your home is not cooling as effectively as it used to, or if there are inconsistencies in temperature throughout different rooms, it may be time for maintenance.
- Increased energy bills: A sudden spike in your energy bills without a change in usage patterns could indicate that your AC system is working harder than necessary due to underlying issues.
- Strange noises or odors: Unusual sounds, such as grinding, banging, or squealing, as well as unpleasant odors coming from your AC unit, should be addressed promptly. These could be signs of mechanical problems or mold growth.
- Frequent cycling on and off: If your AC system frequently cycles on and off rapidly, it may be a symptom of a malfunctioning component that requires attention.