The weather is cooling down and that means it’s time to start thinking about your heater. No one wants to be left in the cold, so it’s important to recognize the signs that indicate the need for heating repair. That way, you can get your heater fixed before the weather gets too chilly.
Here are signs you need heating repair:
- Strange Noises: If you hear banging, popping, or other strange noises coming from your heater, it is a good idea to call a professional. These noises can be an indication of serious problems with your heater, and they should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Uneven Heating: If some rooms in your home are too hot while others are too cold, it is a sign that your heater is not working properly. Uneven heating is usually caused by issues with the ductwork or the thermostat.
- Higher Energy Bills: If you notice that your energy bills are suddenly higher than usual, it could be because your heater is working overtime trying to compensate for a problem.
- Yellow Pilot Light: The pilot light on your heater should be blue. If it is yellow, it’s a sign that there is too much carbon monoxide in the air. This is very dangerous and you should evacuate your home immediately and call a professional.
- Frequent Cycling: If your heater is frequently turning on and off, it is a sign that something is wrong. This could be caused by a clogged filter or a problem with the thermostat.
- Odor Smell: If you notice a strange odor coming from your heater, it could be a sign of a gas leak. This could be very dangerous, and you should call a professional immediately in this case.
- Dust or Allergies: If you have been noticing an increase in dust or allergies, it could be because your air ducts are dirty. It can decrease the efficiency of your heater and cause your energy bills to go up.
- Blowing Cold Air: Heaters should blow warm air, so if yours is blowing cold air, there could be a problem with the heater itself, the burners, or the ductwork.
If you notice any of these signs, it is a good idea to call a professional for heating repair. Contact us today!
DAC Heating & Air Can Help You With Your Heating Repair Needs
When it comes to heater repair in Palmdale, CA, DAC Heating & Air is the company to call. We are experts at diagnosing and fixing any problem you are having with your heater. We’ll always give you an honest assessment of the problem, and we will never try to upsell you on services you don’t need. We also provide financing options like Optimus to make heater repair more affordable. Call us today at (661) 449-1527 to schedule an appointment for heater services needs in Palmdale, CA, and we will be happy to help you keep your home warm all winter long!