The heating system is one of the most important parts of your home, and when it stops working, it can be concerning. There are a few different things that can cause your heating system to stop working, and understanding what to do, to help you to get it back up and running as quickly as possible.
Some common causes that the heating system may stop working are:
- Poor Maintenance: One of the most common reasons that heating systems stop working is that they haven’t been properly maintained. Like any other systems in your home, the heating system needs to be regularly serviced and cleaned to keep it running smoothly. When this is not done, dirt and debris can build up and clog the system, eventually leading to a complete breakdown.
- Thermostat Issues: The thermostat is what tells the heating system when to turn on and off, so if there are issues with the thermostat, it can cause the heating system to stop working. Thermostats can malfunction for various reasons, including battery problems or simply being set incorrectly.
- Pilot Light Issues: Most heating systems have a pilot light that ignites the main burner. If this pilot light goes out, it can cause the heating system to stop working. Pilot light issues can be caused by various things, including drafts, debris, or even insects.
- Furnace Problems: If you have a furnace-based heating system, there are a few different furnace problems that could cause the heating system to stop working. These include issues with the burners, the blower motor, or the ignition system.
- Dirty Filters: Another common issue that can cause heating systems to stop working is dirty filters. The filters in your heating system need to be regularly replaced to keep the system running smoothly, and when they get clogged with dirt and debris, it can lead to problems.
- Broken heating system parts: Over time, heating system parts can break down and stop working properly. This is especially common in older heating systems that haven’t been properly maintained. If you suspect that a broken heating system component is to blame for your heating issues, it’s best to call a professional to take a look.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: If you have a heat pump-based heating system, then low refrigerant levels can cause problems. When the refrigerant levels get too low, it can cause the heating system to freeze up and stop working properly.
If your heating system has stopped working, don’t panic! There are a few different things that could be to blame, and DAC Heating & Air can help you troubleshoot the problem and get your heating system up and running again in no time. Our team of experts have years of experience dealing with heating issues. We specialize in heating installation, repair, and maintenance. Contact us today to schedule a service for heating installation in Palmdale, CA, and we will be happy to help you with any heating issues you may be having.